The Dark Side of Animal Rights
Everyone believes animals should be treated humanely. But some groups want animal “liberation”–meaning people would not be allowed to own a pet, buy a wool sweater, or enjoy real ice cream. To them, using animals is immoral and is comparable to slavery or child abuse. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has compared eating chicken to the Holocaust, and argues that “it would have been in the animals’ best interests if the institution of ‘pet keeping’…never existed.”
Not only is this agenda radical, but the groups advocating for it conduct themselves in extreme ways. Consider:
- PETA paid $70,000 to support the defense of an arsonist who burned down a university laboratory. PETA also gave money to the Earth Liberation Front, considered a domestic terrorist group by the FBI.
- Groups including the Humane Society of the United States and ASPCA paid $25 million to settle a fraud and racketeering lawsuit that alleged animal activists had secretively paid someone who lied under oath in court proceedings.
- The Humane Society of the United States raises money on the promise to help save pets, yet it doesn’t run a single pet shelter. Instead, according to its tax return it has hoarded over $20 million in offshore accounts in the Caribbean, and pays its CEO over $300,000 a year.
- Many animal activists are willing to break laws to push their agenda. Several activists served time in federal prison after they were convicted under the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act. The FBI has estimated that the Animal Liberation Front network has been responsible for over 1,000 criminal acts and over $100 million of damages.
- Not only is PETA against pet ownership, but it kills the vast majority of animals it takes in every year. Since 1998, official government records show that PETA has killed about 40,000 animals. A state inspection found that most animals are killed within 24 hours. PETA paid $50,000 after it was caught stealing and killing a family’s dog in Virginia.
Watch and share the video below to help more people understand the true nature and dirty secrets of animal liberation activists.
Posted In: Animal Rights Extremism
PETA has killed tens of thousands of animals since 1998 and we're making sure the whole world knows. Have a tip or something else we should know? Get in touch on our contact page.